January 11, 2015

I am NOT taking my Salvation lightly!


I am so overwhelmed with GOD’s goodness and revelation and I’ve wanted to put these thoughts into writing when I got back from my trip in Salatiga. I’ve planned to put these realizations to help friends and other people who might be battling against sin.

As I was in the train travelling, I was talking to GOD in my thoughts and just wanted to be back on track again. I have been fighting and struggling so hard in the last quarter of 2014 due to all the overwhelming events that happened in my life, from personal issues and the passing away of the most important person in my life, my Papa. It really took a lot of me. I was very unstable!! I tried and really fought hard to put myself together again. People may have thought that I was so strong in facing Papa’s earthly passing. Honestly, I WAS NOT! I have looked up to him so much and so dependent in his opinion on every decision I take. His passing really shook me. I fought hard with sin!!

Self-pity, self-condemnation, prayerlessness, “Word-lessness”, pride and many more.

I’ve come up to a realization to fight and will never allow the enemy to take a hold of my life ever again. I must continue to firmly work out my Salvation with fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12) and defend HIS gift of Salvation. And never to allow satan to steal again another day of my life by believing in his lies.

GOD has orchestrated series of events this week that have pushed me to finally write these thoughts. Last Wednesday, in preparation to our life group topic for Thursday, I read Ephesians 4 and look up some commentaries to understand more about the chapter. This Sunday’s preaching also confirmed a lot of these thoughts. Ptr Lew did a great job with the sermon this morning. I couldn’t stop affirming to whatever he said while sitting.

I have learned more of GOD’s salvation from the previous chapters of Ephesians and in chapter 4, GOD has given us instructions of what to do with the free gift. I have understood more about HIS redemption and I believe that when we understand thoroughly the depth of what HE did for us on the cross we will fight for it and naturally want to serve HIM and do the right thing out of our gratitude. Understanding the enormity and the fullness of His death and resurrection will stop us from condemning ourselves (Roman 8:1). By condemning ourselves over and over again, it’s as if we are telling HIM that what HE did for us on the cross is not sufficient and something more must be done for our salvation.

“Christ death is sufficient to pay your sins in full. JESUS paid it all. To believe otherwise is to hold the position that JESUS’ shed blood was inadequate for your eternal life. No person in his right mind would go back to the bank to make a payment on a loan, discover that a benefactor had paid the loan in full and then argue to the teller that even though the debt papers were stamped “Paid in full” he still continue to make payments.”(An excerpt from John Piper’s Ebook)

I have yielded to the truth to live in the new life Christ has given me when I received HIS gift of Salvation (2 Cor. 5:17). To fight against pride and fully surrender myself in HIS arms. Accept that there’s nothing we need to do (Eph 2:8) and that there’s nothing we’ve done or we’ll do that can ever separate us from the love of GOD (Rom. 8:38-39).

Fighting against sin is honestly hard since we are in a deceitful and fallen world. Fighting with our flesh is laborious. We have to travail and make a choice to stand in HIS written WORD. One of those things my parents have kept reminding me over these years is to keep reminding myself of GOD’s promises whenever satan is trying to torment and attack me with his lies. (Psalm 119:11)

What does the BIBLE tell me about my identity in HIM? The following verses helped me a lot in this battle: John 16:33, Romans 8:17, 2 Corinthians 5:17 – I keep reminding myself of these truths. Be deeply rooted in OUR identity in CHRIST!! There are so many verses in the BIBLE about who we are in CHRIST. Use them as your armor to fight with those lies. Wallowing in the enemy’s lies will never add another day into our lives and it will never help us attain the fullness of who we are as the Heavenly King’s children. I have to keep holding HIS hands during this journey. I have to continue to watch and pray (Matt. 26:41). And remember that though HE has given us Salvation, HE also teaches us to be serious in running away from sin (Matt. 5:29-30). Every day is a war against sin that’s why the Bible said to watch and pray. (Matt. 26:41)





So CHOOSE HIM! CHOOSE JESUS! BELIEVE that HE has redeemed you out of that dark pit. Be assured and firmly trust in HIS promises!! Stop allowing the enemy to take a hold of your life. When you received JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and Saviour you’ve decided to put on that identity HE has for you. Redeemed and paid in full. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the strength and the courage to battle against sin and acknowledge that without HIS help you’ll never win this war. JESUS LOVES YOU SO MUCH! HE wants you to enjoy the fullness of the benefits of Salvation HE has given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment